Sunday, March 2, 2014

POEM: "At Losar"



At Losar

                         for Patterson

It’s a test in moderation
I’ve got a date with Spring
with some Shanghai poets
plum trees & new blossoms

some are pink some are white
the Famous Poet tells us
it's the new emblem of China
young Charlotte introduces me
we all read a couple of poems
Minnow reads one that invokes
Li Bai then he mocks himself
Sexy Girl reads most seriously
Actress can dance hers beautifully
kids are scattered beneath the trees
they sway like little lotus roots
Imei says poetry isn't a profession
and for once I hold my tongue
I read a poem about frustration
a hundred photos are taken
I wear your soft red scarf
when this sun stops the rain
and shines for just an hour
people say they love you.



© 2014 Rob Schackne

No comments:

Post a Comment